Sunday, February 22, 2009

My dear & Kind wonderful Friend

To create my next card I tried to step out of my typical color choices. 

So I opened up my Stampin' Up! Spring-Summer 2009 Idea Book & Catalog to the Designer Series Papers (DSP) starting on page 158. Instead of looking at the DSP I was looking at the coordinating colors below each group. 

Looking  at Sweet Slumber Specialty DSP, I decided I found the color group I was looking for. 
Ruby Red, Baja Breeze, So Saffron(DSP), Sahara Sand and I used Chocolate Chip, it tends to be a great color to go along with many. 

With the aid of my Big Shot I created this card rather quickly. 

Cutting a piece of Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla card stock with the Top Note Die Cut at the same time. You can actually cut 4 pieces at once with this die. It is one of my favorites. 

I then used a pair of Paper Snips to trim down the vanilla top note. 

Stamping the My dear,Kind & Wonderful Friend from the All Holidays stamp set in Sahara Sand Classic Ink repetitively until the entire vanilla top note is covered. I cleaned my stamp then stamped it in Ruby Red Classic Ink. 

Using the Big Shot and the Stampin' Up! Butterflies die cut I quickly cut out a butterfly from So Saffron DSP. Added  some 1/4" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain ribbon then attached the Butterfly to the card with some Stampin' Dimensionals so that the butterfly looks like it is resting on the page.

crafted by Gina Dygert

No comments: